News

Friday, June 8, 2007

Designers Network and Things

Hey all,

I have two things to mention, and they're kinda related. Now that the show's over and most of us pretty much know one another, AND most of us are graduating, I think it's a good idea to set up another blog(or something similar) that lets us network and share ideas, AND ask within the group to pass on real, client projects that sometimes we individually are too busy to work on.

For example, and this leads to my second thing, one of my friends' boyfriend is a certified fitness trainer, and he graduated last year and is starting his training business and needs the typical marketing/promo flyers, t-shirt, website, etc. So if anyone is available after the school year and during the summer, please let me know so I can refer him to you. And you don't have to do everything. But you should at least do what you know and have that in your portfolio. I found out that I have few things that I had to take care of during the summer and couldn't really commit my time to this project. So if you can do this, please please please let me know; he and I will really appreciate it. Really. This would be a great side project during the summer. My e-mail is iwlam [at] ucd.

So in summary:
1) Let's set up a network.
2) Contact me to do a real project.

Comment for questions!

Ivan

1 comment:

Alan said...

I second Ivan's thoughts on the designers network. Due to the pursuit of an exhibit design internship, I'm going to be turning away/replacing myself on a few projects. It'd be great to have a forum to share opportunities and also a place to get feedback on our work... the freelance world can be a lonely one. Ideas on the format for this? Blog? Seems a natural, easy to setup choice...