News

Monday, April 30, 2007

Exhibition planning

CALLING ALL TIM'S STUDENTS.

So it was kind of shameful of me to not have thought about Tim's teachings for this show. But I realized at today's meeting that we need the planning of this show to go as smoothly as possible. So, I'm going to initiate this by asking for help to build a simple model for this space of the Basement Gallery (as soon as we get dimensions of the space. hint hint, Semar.)

I have more than enough materials to build a frame, but I would like some people (especially from Tim's 185 class) to help me with this, as well as making tiny models of our work. Also, we need some signage and an object label system for the show, so 186 and 187 students, here's your call. I'm not going to manage every part of the planning of this show, so hopefully you guys can take it upon yourselves to help out with this. Just post an entry here or facebook to let us know that you're helping out. Sorry if I sound like I'm rambling on; it's officially past midnight.

That is all. Thanks!

Ivan

8 comments:

ijt said...

i can help u build the model... =) i love building models.... let's talk on thursday but if u need to meet before that just let me know =)

ijt said...

actually tomorrow (wednesday) i have time between 12 and 3 pm so i will go visit the basement to get an idea of how the space look.. i will also bring my camera to take some pictures... =p

Mirax said...

I can help with the signage and any extra model building. Just let me know when and what needs to be done.r

mEi said...

I can also help out on this part :D

Milan said...

I was thinking about how we're going to do the signage also - Labels spraymounted to foam core seems to be the best solution. Numbered to refer back to the program for work descriptions. Would you, Tracy and Mai, and anyone else be down to help me with that?

Ivan said...

justin mentioned something at the monday meeting about putting the label of cheap but nice-looking plexi so it looks more professional and stuff. i think he has more/better ideas for the labels than i do! :)

Ivan said...

i-jou, tracy, and mei: thanks for being interested! i didn't think there'd be this many people interested. i think it'd be cool if we could get together at thursday's meeting and talk about this. we need to plan the layout of the show asap (since the first critique is very soon), so this model doesn't need to be super good looking; it just needs to be big enough and work well to PHYSICALLY plan our space. i'm thinking 1':1" ratio. i won't be out of class until 7, so start your talk without me!

Mirax said...

I like the idea of talking on Thursday. I may be a little late but I'll be there!