News

Friday, March 30, 2007

I'd like to design...

As a way to generate ideas for project we'd like to work on for the show, lets answer the following questions:
What have you always wanted to design, but haven't had the chance to? If you could design anything, what would it be?

Lets think big here, and try not to be limited by what your own skill set lets you do - because collaboration makes all kinds of things possible.

I'll start it off. I've always wanted to design:

  • an album cover

  • a wine label

  • a table made of aluminum or titanium and white acrylic

  • a business card stamped out of metal


  • See something that you want to work on too? Lets get together and make it happen!

    5 comments:

    trish said...

    It would be awesome to design:

    a snowboard (i.e. I-Jou's foamcore ones, unless we could really make one? Is that even possible?)

    patterns for things: bandanas, drapes, clothes, shoes, etc.

    I like Ivan's design a font idea too =)

    some sort of Flash.. game? something interactive (I'm lookin at yooou Mei!) =D

    random, but.. plates, or some sort of non-conventional eating devices

    Erm, I'll keep thinking...

    trish said...

    (oh em gee, if it's really possible to design/make our own snowboard, i am so down to purchase the base or whatever is necessary, because that would be so dope. also in part because i need a new snowboard in general, haha.)

    Anonymous said...

    I would like to design the packaging for a limited edition dvd.

    I would also like to make a pair of shoes.

    Alan said...

    I'll add a few more (very) ambitious ideas: I've love to design a nightclub some day, and maybe a restaurant too.

    Jen Dockter said...

    This uses some scary chemicals, but it is definitely a way one could "stamp" metal business cards...